To remain at the forefront of architectural design, we continually work to strengthened our design capabilities utilizing the latest industry technologies. For example, our A&E division uses Revit, a cutting-edge building information model (BIM) software by Autodesk.
As an integral part of design, Revit provides the capability to model building three-dimensionally– inside and out – giving our clients a clearer vision of the project outcome. Building owners can view the exterior from all angles, as well as take an animated “walk through” to view furniture, flooring and finishes throughout the interior. Moving project drawings from 2-D to 3-D has helped our customers “see” what the plans represent, taking the guesswork out of the process.
Aside from the obvious benefits of providing a real-life view of the design, 3-D modeling is vastly improving our efficiency with benefits we pass along to our clients:
- Allows rapid prototyping of options to quickly present different design approaches
- Lets us explore more expressive designs
- Provides very precise information for estimating
- Links all aspect of the planning, designing and building process
- Provides an interface with our engineering partners early in the design process to explore compatibility of all building systems and infrastructures
Bobbitt Design Build has always been on the leading edge of technology, so Revit 3-D software was a natural for us.