Salem United Methodist Church, established in 1873, is located on Salem Church Road in Ballentine, S.C. The original church was built in the 1800s, and a portion was added later that had been torn down. A building used for the fellowship hall was built 75 feet away in the 1980s.
Bobbitt was selected to take on the challenge of cutting away part of the original 1800s building and then joining it with the fellowship hall building without affecting the traditional architecture. The floor of the 1800s building was upgraded but used the same typed of milled wood and blades as the original floor. The 7,000-square-foot addition is used for the sanctuary, a bride’s room and gathering space.
7,000 sq ft
Church & Religious, Renovation – Fit Up